Tuesday, May 10, 2011


After all these years I realized one important thing – it is easier to gain wait. But it is hell a lot tougher to get it off.. thing is it adds up some calories at a time without you even realizing it. I mean you cant say no if the oriya guy comes back from his hometown carrying small curvy burfis whose fluffy white is calling out your name.
Nor can you ignore those cute round pedas that fit into your hands like they are made to be held and savored.
Throw in a milk cake here (happy birthday ji) or a Kaju kathli there (I have a son jo karega mera naam roushan) you just cant get rid of them. Some people are really kind. They bring two dabbas of pure ghee, high fat, incontrollable stuff like ladoos, kala jamuns, rasgullas, govas even Jangris and Jalebis. But nothing takes the cake like kaesar peda. I mean they are soft, there is a lovely, mild yet overpowering orangish yellow with a slice of badam playing hide and seek amidst that sweety richness – you can only wish you are born a kesar peda next birth J
Okie I am not a big enemy of all the savouries either. If the time is 5.45 pm and you are hungry (or not) you can silently make your way to the chat section where the north Indian chat guy teaches us national integrity – I eat all. Be it aloo chat(too much of big plump aloo still paisa vasool huh?) or dahi paapdi, dahi samosae J or samosa chenna, or just a mixed chat (for people who want everything in life… well almost!!)
When I wake up next morning and my favorite dress doesn’t fit me in a lotta places I am aghast!! How can I get so fat? Man I am so not going to eat anything sweet/oily today. I sit in my cubicle when I get a mail –
“Chocolates from US at my desk. Pls help yourself.
P.S – our onsite manager has sent in Ferrero Roschers just for our team“
Dress? What dress?

No comments: