Saturday, June 11, 2011

Back To School!! Pack my Wits & Confidence & Open-mindness & attitude & intellect ... Well you get the idea!!

I quit my job!

yup you heard me right. I quit my well paying, safe/secure cubicle with great people, lovely team and wonderful opportunities job.. (Darn it, is that where I was working?!!)

I quit because I am going back to school again - a business school this time!!

Xavier's Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar called me for an interview for their PGDM course. I was too excited. Gave in my interview but they kinda waitlisted me.

Gave a couple of other interviews as well (XLRI sent me a interview letter yay!! yay!! yay!! - okie so I blew it - cause I was a bit too nervous for their taste. Apparantly my charm button was switched off!! Period.)

And I thought it was the end of another drought season for me - third time lucky huh, who ever thought of stuff like that??

(here I have to spin a l'l flashback - I ll make it quick.

wrote CAT 2008/XAT 2009- scored 93 missed out on a lot of b schools. wrote CAT2009/XAT 2010 - screwed up both. wrote CAT2010/XAT2011 - cat screwed me[and that was darn painful mind you] but XAT saved me. so here I am attending interviews for 5 clgs and they all waitlisted me)

I received a promotion so i thought ok Let me be a nice gal and not hate my job, my lead, my team, my neighbours, my floor, my restroom (they sense your emergencies and run outta water!!), I receive a mail that says (play the pianos and give the angels the cue pls,
la,la la la la )

Dear Vinithra Sivaraman

blaha blah blah blah - YOU ARE ADMITTED - blah blah blah blah!!

so here I am. packing my bags to get to XimB!!
I am going to pursue my PGDM in HRM - a core HR specialization :P

Yay yay yay!!!
Thank You dear God! and to my sis (she incepted the mba idea into my brain) & to my mom (for accepting that her daughter is a l'l crazy in the head, i am guessing my dad always knew that truth.)

and btw I will be jobless for the nxt one year+ so guys be nice to me!!! :P :P

No comments: