Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My GalGang!!

I recently met up with my best Friends from College - the gals with whom I spent a significant part of my Life, who shaped me and taught me various things at different point of Time..
I call them SG-Y-P...
SG - Thala..
I met her the First Day of my college.. Infact even before I saw college I saw her.. She was sitting on the wooden bench in my station (we used to get to college by train).. To be truthful I didnt even hear her name properly (learnt her name on the second day though :) ) We talked all through our journey of about an hour and were surprised to see both of us put up in the same class (the first semester classes are generally a mix of students from all departments..), and even more so when I heard she had chosen the same dept too.. We grew close in 6 months irrespective of the fact that she was sitting with different people and so was I (Hey I am a proud back-bencher)
SG was a strong gal.. She taught me the joys of Bunking college. I still remember my first time- Exactly the friday of the third week of my college - her mind was set, her bag packed,but I was afraid.. She gave me a scolding(closed my ears for that one!!),packed my bags and in a jiff got me out.. We have bunked a lot of afternoons to watch movies, just to talk or go back home and sleep.. She had the maturity of the elder sibling but always had fun with the rest of us.. Had a great passion for dancing,singing.. Her best aspect was her skills in Mehendi (We won a competition in college)

Y-420..
If you had told me Y and I were gonna be best buddies I would have laughed at you big time.. coz all we did the first few months we met were to fight.. Y was more like me - and we used to fight for the silliest of things.. and we have never given that up entirely..
Y had a great dress-sense.. She looked pretty homely too (infact she had so many secret admirers). She had this cool head in her shoulders (something very useful coz Im a big nervous nut ). Infact she and SG shared a passion for dance-they made a great team.. She was a mix of characters-she'd be your honey bear when she likes you and quite opposite so when she doesnt..
Very Studious though - we get to our college by 7 for a 10 o'clock exam just to listen the content of the 3 units we had left.. I ve passed many a exam because of the gals combined effort :)
she ll give you great advice (ha ha sorry Y, ButI still remember us sitting in canten talking about ''Worldly Stuff'')

Imagine a normal day in college(forget the classes they never happen [:)] ) the last bench thats way far from the board.. Our day begins with each of us wondering what to talk about stumbling on a wierd topic and going places from there.. Our bench was foster house where we had lunch (our's and other's), played, slept, drew, and lots more..

P joined us near the end of the second year and She was the fourth accomodation to our bench... One thing that strikes about P is the absence of fear. She is bold - nothing worries her.. She gets to college by 8.45 (my college starts 15 mins earlier) and that has been her ritual right from the first day(even in first year when we hadnt grown out of school disciplinary system) She has zero stage fright, made great presentations and a silent spectator in most of our gal-chats..

In fact these gals were my pillar of strength for so many days in so many ways.. There is no topic under the sun that we have not talked about.. We had our bad-times too, our shortcomings, jealousy, anger, disappointment but I think they just made our bond even more stronger..

When I look Back Im just Glad I found these gals - This is my way of thanking you for whatever you have done..
Love Ya ForEver
Yours
V....

1 comment:

u109022 said...

how was the p.g meet. ??